Questions to ask a financial planner
- How long have you been providing financial planning services?
- In what area(s) of financial planning do you specialize, if any?
- Do you have any advanced degrees, certificates or financial planning credentials?
- What securities and insurance licenses do you hold?
- How often have you performed similar services in the past?
- What type of financial planning service do you think I need based on my goals?
- On average, how long have your financial planning clients used your services?
- What independent organizations may I contact to verify your credentials, such as FINRA, the SEC, and the CFP Board?
- How are you compensated for your services?
- Which companies will custody my accounts and what are their financial situations?
Download the following PDF.
Please sign in to leave a comment.